Friday, June 8, 2012

DIY: Candle Holder

So going along with different ideas to decorate glass vases this week I decided to try my hand at painting glass! It worked out so well! I painted a tea-light/votive candle holder. This was my finished product but I'll show you how I got there!!

Supplies
Class Vase
Spray Paint
Painter's tape
Sandpaper
Newspaper
Candle

Step One 
First I took the painter's tape and taped the glass where I didn't want any paint to go.

Step Two 
Next I sandpapered the parts of glass I would be spray painting.

Step Three
I laid out some newspaper on my back porch and sprayed the whole vase. I made sure to do two coats waiting about ten minutes between each spray. Also, I did this outside just because it could have gotten messy. 

Step Four
 When the paint dried I took off the tape and put a candle inside. Light that candle up and you're done!
This was a super easy and inexpensive project that made a beautiful decoration for my home! 
Do you guys have any do it yourself decorations that you love? 
We'd love to hear about them!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Whoa! That is pretty cool!

Miss Heather said...

Thank you it was super easy!