Saturday, June 1, 2013

DIY: Braided Headband

Yay! We have another DIY to share with you!
Miss Heather and I made braided headbands for St.Patrick's day and I wanted to make one that was, well, not themed. I created this braided headband in less than 10 minutes and I can't wait to wear it all summer long!

 Miss Heather took this photo of me wearing my new braided headband!

Supplies: 
three different strands of thin fabric, trim, ribbon, etc. of different textures
hot glue gun
tape
scissors

 Step One: Gather all of your supplies and unravel your three strands of material. I chose not to cut my material until I was completely finished braiding because whenever I braid something, I always end up using more fabric than I had originally thought. This way, I wouldn't have to deal with having a finished product that was too short. 
Step Two: Tie all three strands together with a knot, leaving about an inch at the end, and tape it to a hard surface. 

Step Three: Braid all three strands together and periodically measure your headband by wrapping it around your head.
Step Four: Once you've braided enough that your headband will fit around your head, tie another knot and leave about an inch of material at the end.
*another option would be to use clear elastic hair ties at the ends instead of having two knots*


Step Five: Grab your hot glue gun and place a dab of glue onto each strand to prevent them from fraying. 

And you're done!
I chose to wear my braided headband on top of my head and tying it a knot in the back. 
Another option would be to tie each end onto an elastic hairband and wear it like a typical headband under your hair OR to be really trendy, you could wear it directly across your forehead and tie it in the back. The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to make more!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather




No comments: