Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY: Chalkboard Paint Mugs

So I've recently become obsessed with chalkboard paint. Last week I made a chalkboard out of a picture frame and this week I decorated coffee mugs!


Supplies I used:
Mugs
Chalkboard paint
Painter's tape
Paintbrush

1. First you will need to tape off the area you would like to be painted.

2. Next you're going to paint your mug. You can either spray directly onto the mugs or spray the paint onto a newspaper and use a paintbrush to spread the paint. If you're going to spray directly on the mug make sure you covered every part of the mug you don't want painted because spray paint has a nasty habit of getting everywhere!

3. After you've done at least three coats, letting each coat dry before adding the next, you can take off your paint and start chalking away!


I love these mugs because you can personalize them! I've also seen mugs where people painted the whole mug, which would also be super cute! Stay tuned for more chalkboard paint experiments because we're bound to find another use for this awesome stuff!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather 

No comments: