Friday, July 6, 2012

DIY: Framed Chalkboard

Hey so I've been seeing a ton of things about using chalkboard paint and I decided to take stab at it. For my first project I made mini chalkboard out of a picture frame!


What I used:
1- 8X10 inch picture frame
Chalkboard spraypaint
Paintbrush
Acrylic Paint
Colored chalkboard chalk


1. First thing is to take apart the picture frame. Take the glass part and spray a thin coat over one side and let dry. I gave it about three coats letting it fully dry between each coat.

2. I took the wooden frame and painted it blue to spruce it up. 

3. After everything dried I put the picture frame back together and it was done!

Next step it take the chalk and write a fun message or note to yourself!

I was amazed at how simple and easy it was and can't wait to create more things! One of my favorite parts of using a picture frame is that I can either hang it on the wall or set it up a desk or table. It's pretty versatile! Stay tuned for my next chalkboard paint project!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: