Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Downton Abbey"

So I know I'm little late jumping on the "Downton Abbey bandwagon". Until now, I always thought it was Downtown Abbey...however, I've recently become addicted to the show! I'm almost finished with the first season on Netflix and I started last week! Did I mention that I'm obsessed?

For those of you who are unfamiliar with "Downton Abbey" (it's not to late to start watching, look at me!), it's a drama on PBS as one of their Masterpiece Classic shows. The show is set during the 1900's in a fictional town in England revolving around one aristocratic family and their servants.  "Downton" is filled with your typical drama schemes as well as, historical events like the sinking of the Titanic, the beginning of WWI and the Spanish influenza. As if that isn't enough to make you hooked, the clothes the characters wear are simply magnificent. It's truly incredible to see the Grantham family dress in black suits, bow-ties, hair pieces, hats, jewelry and ballroom gowns for a family dinner. A family dinner! You can only imagine what they wear to formal events!
Get some Edwardian fashion inspiration from the ladies of Downton Abbey.
The ladies of "Downton". I love their hats!


My absolute favorite outfit of the first season.
The day Sybil, the youngest of the Grantham daughters, wears pants. It was quite a spectacle!

Plus, Maggie Smith is on the show!

You can catch the third season of "Downton Abbey" on PBS on Sunday nights.

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: