Monday, August 6, 2012

Do or Don't: Texting At Dinner

Recently, I've found myself being on my phone more frequently then usual.
I do have an iPhone so my entire life is pretty much on it.
Literally. My. Entire. Life.
Nah, just kidding...kinda.

Whether it's chatting with friends (I have friends, I swear), checking my email (curse the day I changed the setting to update my emails every hour!), seeing how this blog is doing, finding out what's on Facebook and Twitter (ooo a new follower!) or scouring the internet for more "Mean Girls" quotes, my phone is never too far out of reach.

However, the other day I found myself texting while out to dinner with my friends and I became instantly annoyed with myself. I thought, "why am I texting other people and ignoring the people in front of me?"
How annoying. I became one of "those people". Yuck.


...
Obviously, there is a balance.
For instance, an emergency or if you need to send a quick text that's fine but, having full-blown texting conversations while out with others, in my book, is a don't.

What do you think? Does it really matter? Are people so used to others being entranced by their phones that they don't even notice?

While writing this post, I became inspired to do my best to not check my phone while having a meal with friends or when I'm with my friends or family at all.
I think I'll enjoy the company of the people in front of me rather than the glow of my beloved iPhone.
Who's with me!?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: