Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIY: Cloth Name Banner

Early last winter I made some fun name banners to hang up in my room and this time I've come back to show you a fun new idea on the name banners! I wanted to make a little something to make my new roommate, Raven, feel more at home and hopefully this did the trick!

Supplies:
Cloth
Yarn
Construction paper
Scissors (you may also need an exacto knife)
Needle and thread (or a sewing machine)

Step One:
Cut out the letters you will need for the name.

Step Two:
Trace and cut out triangles big than the letters you cut out in step one.

Step Three:
Fold the top part of the triangles over and pin your letters to them.

Step Four:
Sew along the fold making sure to get the letter as well. Also cut off those excess flaps from you folded over the top of the triangle.

Step Five:
All that is left is to string the yarn through the tunnels you made when you folded the triangles. Then hang up your banner wherever you want!

I hung up my banners in the living room above the T.V. and I think they look so cute! What do you guys think? 

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: