Thursday, September 27, 2012

Do or Don't: Red Lips

 Red lips
 Red lips!
I am a HUGE fan of red lips. In a post I did back in January, I talked about my three favorite products to achieve the perfect red lip and since fall is approaching, it's perfect time to try it out! I don't know why but I feel like fall and winter are the "red lip" season. Am I crazy? Even though I am a big supporter of the red lip, I know a lot of people who aren't. Stating that it's "too bold", "too much", "makes it hard to eat or drink" or even, "it makes it hard to kiss someone!". Now, all of the above can be true if you wear the wrong shade of red for your skin tone or if you use a "too glossy" red or a lipstick that comes off in three seconds.
However, I firmly believe that anyone can pull off red lips if they give it a shot! I think it instantly brightens up your face and not to mention, your teeth! When I wear red lipstick it looks like I just got my teeth whitened! Another perk is that with red lips, you basically don't have to put on any more makeup! I just curl my eyelashes, dash on some CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara and I'm good to go!

So, readers, what do you think? Are red lips a do or a don't?



Here are two photos of me wearing red lips! I can't help it! I just love the look!
 
Red lips.
Doesn't she look stunning!

RED LIPS RED LIPS RED LIPS RED LIPS RED LIPS RED LIPS RED LIPS
I love the red lips with the lace white top and sleek black jeans.

stripes + red lipstick
stripes + red lipstick=effortlessly cool

If you're interested, this is my absolutely favorite red lipstick and it's not really even a lipstick at all!
It stays on for hours without drying up your lips or coming off on anything or anyone ;)
*A word of advice, apply chapstick before you put on any lipstick/color/gloss. It will moisturize your lips without changing the color or being too sticky! Toss it and your lip color in your bag and you're good to go!*
Try it out!
 
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s.
"A Cup of Jo" has a great tip for how to keep lipstick off your wine glass
&
"The Beauty Department" has an awesome tip on how to make your lipstick last all night

1 comment:

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

When it comes to red lips, I scream "YES"!