Monday, October 1, 2012

Rolla Public House Oktoberfest

On Saturday, Tom, Ochs and I headed to the Public House Brewery in Rolla, Missouri for their second annual Oktoberfest! It was fantastic! I mean, there was German polka and everything!
*This is a pretty big deal considering how small of a town Rolla is...*

The Oktoberfest featured beer from the Public House itself, like their yummy "Hide and Seek Hefe",  as well as twelve other Missouri breweries and six Missouri wineries.
 
One of those breweries was Mother's Brewing Company in Springfield, Missouri where we went on a brewery tour when we visited Miss Heather! Tom was pretty excited to drink their beer again and I will say their "Oktoberfest" beer was de-li-cious. 

I also thoroughly enjoyed sampling wine from "Three Squirrels" Winery located in St. James, Missouri. Their puzzling name just adds to your enjoyment of their wine. 

We had a glorious time at this Oktoberfest and I hope to go back again!
 
My only wish was that Miss Heather could have been there!
On the bright side, we are going to be reunited this upcoming weekend! Whoohoo!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s.
I made this collage for free using Picisto.
Check it out!

No comments: