Thursday, October 25, 2012

What are you being this Halloween?

Halloween is one of Miss Heather and I's favorite holidays. We seriously spend months talking about possible costume ideas...I think this year we started brainstorming in August.
Granted, we always change our minds 1,000 times but we come up with some great stuff!

Therefore, I wanted to share a couple of costumes I've found on Pinterest that are super creative and could be perfect for all those people who are just now figuring out their costumes! *slackers!*

"50 Shades of Grey"
Haha! DIY: 50 Shades of Grey Costume  Literally, 50 shades of grey!
Literally....50 shades of grey!
I thought this costumes was hilarious!
You can find directions on how to make it on Lauren Conrad's site.

Victoria's Secret
HAHA! Victoria's Secret Halloween Costume
This is genius!
Although there are no directions (that I could find) on how to create this costume yourself, I think it would be pretty simple to recreate. Grab a cardboard box, pink and white paint, glitter pens, ribbon and some tissue paper!

Starbucks
royal babes?!
I seriously love this SO much.
(I have an addiction to Starbucks and this little kid is too cute!)
No directions on how to make this one either but I assume it's all felt for the cup and foam. Grab a headband and add on some more felt for whipped cream and a straw.

Easy Mac
Halloween costumes halloween
No words.
It's just too funny!
As to make this costume, I would take a round laundry basket and either paint or print out the Easy Mac label and attach it to the basket. Then create the "mac and cheese" with toilet paper rolls and paint! Glue your mac and cheese to the laundry basket, headband and cardboard fork!

"Toddlers and Tiaras"
Toddlers and Tiaras costumes. Too funny...
I cracked up when I found this one.
You will definitely get some attention in this costume but, hey, isn't that what Halloween is all about anyways?
To create this costume, get a tutu (or make your own with tulle), white t-shirt, tiara, pacifier and create your own sash with thick ribbon and glitter pens. Don't forget to bring the attitude!

I hope these costumes give you some inspiration or at the very least, some laughs!
 
And if all else fails, through on your best dress and some animal ears!
"I'm a mouse, duh."

Stay tuned because next Monday and Tuesday, Miss Heather and I are sharing how we made our Halloween costumes for this year!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: