Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY: Paint Splatter Shirt

Why buy a shirt that has that paint splatter effect to it when you can do it yourself?! I always see those shirts and stores and think "I can make this and could probably do a better job!". Also I get to choose the shirt style and paint colors!

Supplies:
Cardboard
T-shirt (I got a Men's undershirt)
Paint
Newspaper

Step One:
Lay down some newspaper. Put your cardboard inside your shirt *make sure it fills the shirt* to prevent the front and back from sticking to each other.

Step Two:
Shake up paint bottle, open cap, turn bottle upside down and squeeze! I shook the bottle to get that messy "splatter" look. *make sure yo squeeze lightly so you don't get giant globs all over the shirt*


Wait for side one to dry completely then flip it over and repeat step two!


Now you have a fun new shirt that was easy and inexpensive to make! Plus you got to personalize it, how does it get much better?
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: