Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY: Hair Garland

This upcoming weekend I will be attending a theme party (whoohoo, I love theme parties!) and since the theme is Heaven vs. Hell, I decided I would make myself a "halo". I took the idea of a flower hair garland and built upon that to create my halo. 

Supplies
A plain circle headband 
(I found mine in the bridal section at Joann Fabric and Craft store. 
They are intended to be decorated and cost under $5.00)
3/4 of a yard sequin material
3/4 of a yard white/tulle-like material
One feather flower
 A beaded candle ring
Loose pearls
Butterfly with clip
Hot glue gun and glue
Scissors 
Anything you want! Be creative!
p.s. that lump in the corner is Winifred...my cat.....

Step One
Take the plain circle headband and the 3/4 white/tulle material and hot glue the material all around the headband so it is covered. 

Step Two
Take the circle headband, now covered with tulle, and hot glue the 3/4 of sequin material on top. 

Step Three
Take the beaded candle ring and cut out individual strands to hot glue all around the top of the headband onto the sequins.

Step Four
Cut the feather part off of the flower so it is no longer attached to the stem. Then hot glue the feather onto the back of the headband where the remaining stem will be covered by the beads.

Step Five
This is where you could add on the loose pearl beads and/or butterfly clip. I'm still not sure if I'm going to add them on but it's up to you how ornate you want your garland to be!


Step Six
Show it off! I think these would be beautiful for a wedding party or a bride!

What do you think? Would you wear this seriously or only to a themed event? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather


3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

This looks beautiful! Maybe we should make one for your birthday!

Joe said...

I would *definitely* wear this seriously.

Miss Mel said...

Josepher! I should have known. Okay, it's settled we shall all wear them on my birthday haha.

P.s. My iPad tried to autocorrect "josepher" into "nosepiece". Huh.