Thursday, April 12, 2012

Style Icon: Kate Middleton

I really hope everyone is going to agree with my Style Icon choice for this week because if you don't, well, I'm afraid there's just no hope for you fashion-wise.
Yep, that's right, I've chosen the ever so poised, the Duchess of Cambridge herself, Kate Middleton, as possibly my number one style icon. 


For those of you living in a hole, Kate Middleton is the wife of Prince William of Wales, now the Duke of Cambridge. After dating for several years, they were married last April in the wedding of the century. 
*My mom and I were up at 3:00 a.m. to watch it live on television and it was beautiful!*

Kate in her Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton Wedding Gown.
It's beautiful! My future wedding gown perhaps? I can only hope!

Kate is known for her totally appropriate, yet totally chic fashion sense and for mixing high and low end pieces. She is always on the top of "best dressed" lists and anything she wears I would kill to have in my closet. 
She also was voted 2012 'Headwear Person of the Year' for all of her amazing fascinators!

Kate in a dress by Reiss.

Below are some more of my favorite Kate looks. 
Kate in a dress by Jenny Packham.

Kate in an Erdem dress.

Kate in Alexander McQueen. I just died.
LOVE the fascinator!

Kate at the Derby wearing a dress by Reiss.
Kate in her second wedding dress by Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton.
The Duke and Duchess the day after the wedding.
Adorable!
 
Personally, I think the appeal of Kate is how relatable she seems. I mean after all, she is living the dream, she was a commoner who got to marry a real life prince!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s. I found this quote from another blogger that I think really sums up why everyone loves Kate Middleton. 
"I want to thank you for everything, my lovely Princess. Thank you for being an example for all of us. Thank you for rescuing our hopes for a better world. Thank you for making us believe that for love, there are no limits or social class. We can all be princesses. We can all find our Prince Charming. Thank you for showing us that we must be strong and not cower in the face of criticism. Thank you for telling the world that nobody is better than anyone else, we are all the same and we can get whatever we want. Thank you for looking to us even after your glorious ascension and for caring about everyone with so much love. Dear Kate, you’re the example for all girls today. Our dear Cinderella of the 21st Century, the hope that came in the form of a beautiful woman with gorgeous green eyes and a huge heart. Words will never be enough to express how we fell for you."

No comments: