Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jason Wu for Target

Jason Wu is coming to Target! I'm so excited that I'm currently jumping for joy!
 A sneak preview as provided by Target.

For the past couple of years high-end designers have been teaming up with Target (or Tar-jay) to sell their beautiful clothes at an affordable price. Well, cheaper than normal.

A couple of my favorites have been Rodarte, Zac Posen, Jonathan Saunders, and of course, Missoni. Missoni was by far the most successful of them all with shoppers bombarding Targets at 7:00 a.m. to get their hands on the patterned knits, shoes, housewares and even bicycles!

Jason Wu is known for his clean, classic lines with pops of bright colors and prints without being too overdone. Basically, his designs are wearable and so adorable.
Above is one my favorite looks from Jason Wu's Spring Collection 2012 runway show.

I have HIGH HOPES for Jason Wu's collaboration with Target's GO International collection. This is should be obvious considering he made it to the big time when he was selected by Michelle Obama to design her Inaugural Ball dress. Sigh. It really was beautiful, wasn't it?

I can't lie to you and say that I won't be waiting in line at Target on February 5th when Jason Wu's collection is released....see you there!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: