Monday, January 9, 2012

Movies I'm Dying to See

I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a year filled with must-see films.

A few on the top of my list are;


Based on the epic, thee-part novels about a futuristic world separated into twelve districts and one Capitol to rule them all. In order to remind the districts of the Capitol's power, a boy and girl are selected from each district to fight to the death while the rest of the world watches it all on live television.  Katiness Everdeen is brought to life by Jennifer Lawrence in what is bound to be an intense and exciting movie. I can't wait! The Hunger Games will be in theaters March 23, 2012.
  
Next up is the remake of The Great Gatsby on the big screen staring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan ,Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway and directed by Baz Luhrmann. I think this cast is golden and will show the magic of DiCaprio and Luhrmann working together once again. Romeo + Juliet anyone? Even the photo above makes me sigh. The Great Gatsby is scheduled to be in theaters December 2012.

  Lastly, The Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum is based on true events about a couple torn apart by a car accident that results in McAdams losing her memory thus having Tatum attempt to have her fall in love with him again. So, I know it looks a little cheesy and it's totally something Nicholas Sparks would have written (shocker that he didn't) but I can't help but want to see it! The Vow is scheduled to be in theaters February 10, 2012.

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

3 comments:

Joe said...

Hell yes, yes, God no. I feel pretty being so pumped about the hunger games movies, but I don't even care, those books were solid.

Miss Mel said...

hahah we all must see it together!

Miss Heather said...

I second that!