Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm feeling very desperate...

Because, one of my favorite television shows, "Desperate Housewives", will be going off the air in just a few more episodes! I'm already feeling depressed. Who is going to entertain me on Sunday nights?!
Pass the ice cream and grab your Kleenex because this farewell is going to be a tearjerker.
*spoiler alert! did anyone else bawl their eyes out at Mike's death and funeral?! still can't believe it!*

On the air for eight seasons on ABC and starring Terri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria and created by Marc Cherry, "Desperate Housewives" is a drama revolving around four women and the crazy sh*t that goes down in their neighborhood on Wisteria Lane.
Literally, every possible scenario has occurred on "Desperate Housewives". From suicides to murder, to cheating and divorce, to having affairs with younger men and poisoning husbands, to running over mother-in-laws and having ones move in with you, to dealing with stalkers and mysterious letters, and, on top of all that, they're pretty funny too!
 This show has deffinitly been a guilty pleasure of mine and at least I can continue watching on Netflix!

"Say farewell to your favorite housewives on Sunday nights on ABC."

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s. The opening quote that started it all,
 "My name is Mary Alice Young. When you read this morning's paper you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week. Normally there is never anything newsworthy about my life, but that all changed last Thursday. Of course everything seemed quite normal at first. I made breakfast for my family, I performed my chores, I completed my projects, I ran my errands. In truth, I spent the day as I spent every other day, quietly polishing the routine of my life, until it gleamed with perfection. That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet and retrieve a revolver that had never been used."-Mary Alice

No comments: