Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY: Cloth Banner

So in an effort to brighten up the very white walls of my apartment I decided to make a cloth banner! I stung up the banner along the upper walls of my living/dining room and they look great! Even better this was a super cheap project!

Supplies:
Cloth
Yarn 
Pushpins
Scissors

Step One:
You'll want to cut about 1 inch thick strips between one and two feet long, depending how long you want yours to be. Keep in mind they will be folded in half !

Step Two:
Take two strips and fold them over your yarn in a loose knot. Repeat this until you have enough to fill the wall of room you want to decorate.

Step Three:
Put the pushpins into the wall at about 4-6 feet intervals then string up your banner. Then all that'e left is to enjoy the sight!

I used a color that matched one of the fabric colors but you can always use something pops out. Since this banner is for more "home decor" I chose a neutral color. But this would be great for a party decoration as well! Hope you guys enjoyed this!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

P.S. Sass is such a crafty bunny!

No comments: