Friday, July 20, 2012

Do or Don't: The Jean Vest

I must admit that I own a jean vest or a "jest". However, all my friends think I'm crazy for doing so. As our friend, Ellen, once said, "if you wear that jest, I will set you on fire!" 
She's kidding. Kinda. 
I bought the "jest" at Forever 21 for like $15 after watching this Rihanna video (I know, that's pretty embarrassing of me but if Rihanna can wear it, so can I! Right? Right!) and I am determined to wear it and for it to look awesome! Slight problem thought, I have absolutely no idea how or what to wear it with!

 I scoured Pinterest for some inspiration and here's what I found.


With a grey skirt and stripped tank. 


With an awesome bag, polka-dot skirt and plain tee.

With white jeans (jean on jean!) and a grey tee.

With a floral skirt and a rocker tee.

With a cute skirt and white top.

With a canvas colored skirt and cropped top.

With a feminine lace skirt and cross-body bag. 
This might be my favorite look of them all.


With shorts, an open flannel shirt and a white, cropped top underneath.

With a red skirt and white tank.
So pretty!


And just for fun, an American flag jest.

So what do you think? Is the "jest" a do or a don't?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s.
you might also like...

2 comments:

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

I love jeans jacket, but I don't know what I think about vests.

Ellen said...

I WILL set you on fire!