Monday, July 9, 2012

White Wine Sangria

With the summer swiftly becoming oppressively hot, Miss Mel and I have been trying to come up with delicious drinks to help everyone cool down. Miss Mel talked about cool summer beverages here. I have been in love with Sangria ever since I had some last year from a St. Louis local pizzeria, Pi Pizzeria, and it was the best thing ever! They had made theirs with red wine but I decided to try a white wine mixture. 

Ingredients:
Bottle of white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 Apple
Peach 
4-5 Strawberries 
1/2 Pineapple
1 Lime
Ginger ale
1-2 liter decanter (container to hold the sangria)

1. First step you'll need to thinly slice all the fruit and make sure it will fit into the mouth of your decanter.
Then put the fruit to the side.

2. Pour the 1/3 cup of sugar and your bottle of white wine into decanter.
Make sure to mix the sugar and wine together.

3. Next, put your fruit into the wine and sugar mixture and then chill it for a few hours.
 *at least one hour but, the more the better*

4. You'll add the ginger ale just before serving the sangria, but not to the decanter.  I filled the wine glasses about 1/3 full of ginger ale then poured the sangria over it to mix them together.
All that is left is to enjoy the drink!


I love this drink because it's so refreshing and when the drink is gone you can snack on the fruit! Stay tuned as I try out a red wine mixture next time!

P.s. Even Sass got to enjoy some of the fruit!
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: