Thursday, July 19, 2012

Red Wine Sangria

After a few trials and error I believe I've finally found a good traditional sangria recipe. Earlier this month I made a white wine sangria and one of our friends pointed out to me that I was doing it wrong, I needed red wine. So here goes!

Ingredients:
Bottle of red wine ( preferably a dryer wine like a Cabernet Sauvignon )
About 1/4 cup sugar
2 oranges
2 peaches
1 lemon

1. First you're going to cut up one of the oranges, both peaches and the lemon. Add to pitcher.

2. Add the sugar to the cut up fruit. Juice the other orange and add it to the pitcher. Mash together.


3. Add the bottle of wine and chill for a few hours.

4. Pour over ice and enjoy!

I made this for a little get together at Miss Mel's house and it was a great hit! Hope you guys enjoy it as well! What are some of your favorite sangria recipes?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

P.S. looking for other summer drink ideas? You might like our other posts on:
or
or

No comments: